Typhur Privacy Statement
Effective Date: [Jun 01, 2022]
At Typhur Inc. (“Typhur,” “we,” or “us”), we value your privacy and want you to understand how we collect, use, and disclose your information. This Privacy Statement applies to information we collect from and about users of our website at www.typhur.com (the “Website”) and/or our smart kitchen appliances such as for sous vide cooking (“Connected Product”) and its associated mobile application (the “Mobile App”). This Privacy Statement does not apply to information we collect about job applicants or employees.
1. What Types of Information Do We Collect?
We collect various types of information about users of the Website, Connected Product, and Mobile App (collectively, the “Services”), such as the following:
- Contact details, such as email address, mailing address, shipping address, and/or telephone number.
- User name and log-in credentials, if you create an account with us: You may have the option of using your account with certain third-party platforms (such as Facebook, Google, or Apple) to log into the Services. If you choose this option, we may receive your email address, unique identifier from the third-party platform, and user name
- Payment details, such as payment card number or other payment methods, if you purchase a product from us.
- IP address (we also may derive your approximate location from your IP address).
- Profile photo, if you choose to provide one.
- Connected Product settings, such as temperature unit, weight unit, and length unit selected for your Connected Product, as well as any recipe presets that you have configured for your Connected Product.
- Recipe details, such as records of your recipe browsing history and recipe collection within the Services, and recipes you have pushed to your Connected Product.
- Connected Product operational state, such as whether your device is in use.
- Connected Product usage data, such as date and time records of usage of your Connected Product, including cooking history using the Connected Product; and associated performance data (such as crash data).
- Clickstream data, records of activities performed on our Website or through the Mobile App, and associated performance data.
- Device details about the computer or mobile device(s) you use to access our Services, such as device model, operating system, browser type, language settings, and internet service provider.
- Records of communications with you, such as receiving and responding to your online questions or product feedback.
- Demographic characteristics, such as interests, age range, and gender.
- We collect these types of information when you use our Services, such as when you visit our Website, purchase or register a Connected Product, or download our Mobile App. The Connected Product collects and records Connected Product data, Connected Product operational state, and Connected Product usage data, each as described above, on an ongoing basis whether or not the Connected Product is connected to the internet or in active use. This data (including any data collected while the Connected Product has been offline) is automatically transmitted to our servers if you connect the Connected Product to the internet.
2. How Do We Use Your Information?
We collect and use your information for a number of business purposes, such as:
To provide you with the Services and fulfill your requests:
- such as to maintain and operate the Services, respond to your inquiries, and fulfill your purchases and other requests; support your Connected Product; diagnose, repair, and track service and quality issues; communicate with you about your Connected Product or other Services; authenticate users of our Services; and send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. This processing is based on the performance of your contract. If you choose not to provide certain data, the quality and functionalities of the Services we provide to you may be impacted.
- such as to improve the Services. This processing is based on our legitimate interests.
- such as to install and configure changes and updates to the Services. This processing is based on the protection of your or another person’s vital interests.
To provide you with a personalized experience:
- such as to understand your interests and preferences in order to personalize our interactions with you. This processing is based on our legitimate interests.
- such as to provide you with content and offers tailored to your interests. This processing is based on your consent, if you are located in the EU.
For our own internal business purposes, such as to improve our smart appliances and design new products and services; evaluate the usage and performance of our Services; analyze usage trends; and generate de-identified or aggregated data, which we may use and disclose for any purpose. This processing is based on our legitimate interests.
For legal, safety or security reasons:
- such as to comply with legal requirements. This processing is based on compliance with a legal obligation.
- such as to protect the safety, property or rights of Typhur, customers, or others; and prevent and detect fraud or misuse of the Services. This processing is based on protection of your or another person’s vital interests.
For marketing, such as to send you marketing-related emails, consistent with your choices. This processing is based on your consent, if we do not provide Services to you and if you are located in the EU.
Where the processing activity is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. The revocation of your consent will however not affect the lawfulness of any processing based on your consent before its withdrawal.
Where the processing activity is based on our legitimate interests, the interests we pursue are to facilitate and enable us to fulfil our internal business purposes, to improve, modify and market our products and services and to enhance user experience.
3. With Whom Do We Share Your Information?
We may share your information as necessary or appropriate, in particular when we have a legal obligation or legitimate interest to do so:
- With third-party service providers working on our behalf, to facilitate services they provide to us. These can include providers of services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, fraud prevention, information technology, customer service, marketing delivery, and other services.
- With government authorities, law enforcement, or other third parties for legal, security or safety purposes, such as to comply with legal requirements; to enforce or apply our terms of service and other agreements; and to protect our rights and the property or safety of our users or third parties.
- With a third party in connection with a sale of business or assets, in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- With our affiliates, such as Shenzhen Typhur Technology Co., Ltd.
Additionally, the Services may provide functionality that allows you to post a user profile and content that will be viewable to others, such as recipes and comments. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these areas of the Services will become public and may be available to other users and the general public. Please exercise caution when disclosing personal information in these public areas of the Services.
4. Your Choices
We offer you a number of choices with respect to our processing of your information:
- To opt-out of receiving promotional email messages from us, please click on the “Unsubscribe” link contained at the bottom of each email. Opting out of promotional email will not affect our ability to send you administrative or transactional messages. To update the personal information you have provided to us, or to exercise rights with respect to your personal information under applicable laws, please contact us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below. Depending on applicable laws, you may request to access, correct, or delete your personal information; to receive a copy of your personal information for purposes of transmitting it to another company; and/or to restrict, object to or opt out of certain processing of personal information; and/or make use of your right of data portability. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
- To prevent our collection of data from your Connected Product as described above, you should not connect your Connected Product to the internet. Please note that if you do not connect your Connected Product to the internet, you will not be able to use the connected features such as pushing recipes to the Connected Product, but you will still be able to use it offline by entering the cooking commands manually.
- To delete data on the Connected Product, such as prior to giving it to a new owner, you may reset the Connected Product to factory settings by using the instructions in the user manual. Similarly, if you have received a Connected Product from someone else, you may use this process to terminate any prior user’s ongoing access to the Connected Product.
5. Third-Party Advertising
- We use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Services and other websites or online services.
6. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- Our Website also collects information via cookies, web beacons, pixels, tags or other tracking technologies, such as your IP address, the date and time you access our Services, the pages you have accessed while visiting the Website, and the Internet address from which you accessed the Website. Some cookies exist only during a single session, and some are persistent over multiple sessions over time. We use these technologies to remember user preferences, maximize the performance of our Website and Services, provide you with offers that may be of interest to you, measure the effectiveness of our email campaigns and to personalize online content.
- You may refuse or delete cookies. If you refuse or delete cookies, some of our website functionality may be impaired. Please refer to your browser’s settings to learn more about how to manage cookies and the use of other tracking technologies. We do not currently respond to browser do-not-track signals.
8. Retention Period
We retain Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law.
The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the Services);
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
- Whether retention is necessary in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
9. Use of Services by Minors
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of 16 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of 16.
10. Third-Party Services
This Privacy Statement does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information, or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating any website or service to which the Services link. The inclusion of a link on the Services does not imply endorsement of the linked site or service by us or by our affiliates.
In addition, we are not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure, or security policies or practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM, or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, or wireless service provider.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and organizational measures to protect personal information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your account or interaction with us is no longer secure, please contact us immediately in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
12. Cross-Border Data Transfers
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Services you understand that your information will be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States and China, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your Personal Information.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING THE EU: Your information may be transferred to a country outside of the EU that is not recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection according to EU standards (the full list of these countries is available here: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/international-dimension-data-protection/adequacy-decisions_en). For transfers from the EU to countries not considered adequate by the European Commission, we have put in place adequate measures, such as standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission to protect your Personal Information. You may obtain a copy of these measures by Contact Us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
13. Changes to this Privacy Statement
From time to time, we may update this Privacy Statement by updating this page and by displaying the effective date of the last update at the top of the page. We encourage you periodically to check this page to learn about the information we collect, use, and share.
14. Contact Us
Typhur Inc., located at 2890 Zanker Road #120, San Jose, CA 95134, is the entity responsible for the collection, use, and disclosure of information under this Privacy Statement. If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or our privacy practices, please contact us at [email@example.com].
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING THE EU
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority for your country or region where you have your habitual residence or place of work or where an alleged infringement of applicable data protection law occurs. A list of data protection authorities is available at http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080.